Develop Strong & Positive Relationships
Understand & Apply Empathy
Create a Sense
Develop strong & positive relationships
Student uMap™ is a space for students to share what matters most to them and is used to develop deep and meaningful relationships that grow in the classroom and beyond.
- Students will experience opportunities to listen, share, and connect with peers to build a sense of belonging
- Students can practice teamwork and collaboration while they learn to understand different perspectives.
- Teachers will understand who influences, what motivates, and what concerns students in one digital space
- Teachers can quickly understand students on a deeper level and support in ways they couldn’t before
Learn to understand & apply empathy
Student uMap™ provides perspective and practice so teachers and students know when and where to apply empathy.
- Students will practice self-awareness and communicate their personal interests, strengths, and areas of growth
- Students will learn to affirm their peers as they share experiences through guided activities
- Teachers and students can practice applying compassion and empathy through short and impactful guided lessons and activities
- Teachers will gain an in-depth look at what impacts a student’s emotional well-being
Create a sense of purpose
Student uMap™ engages students in the process of gaining self-awareness as they learn to know themselves so they can know others.
- Students will participate in reflecting on their needs and motivations to build self-confidence
- Students will develop a growth mindset and set goals to continuously improve
- Teachers can model self-awareness skill and share about their experiences to build trust
- Teachers can support the growth and development of students in one-on-one conversations
Monitor student wellness
Measure student engagement overall, or understand who your students are at an individual level.
- Use the Concerns Report to understand and support the challenges your students are struggling with right now.
- Use the Connections Report to understand who is most and least connected with their school community and peers to identify at-risk students.
- Use the Highlights Report to know what makes students tick by identifying the opportunities they look forward to most through the school year
- Use the Role Models Report to identify trusted adults in the school community with whom students relate and connect
CASEL 5 SEL Framework
Student uMap™ supports the CASEL 5 SEL Framework. We are dedicated to providing meaningful resources to achieve impactful SEL in the classroom.
Responsible decision making
See uMap™ in Action!
Ready to start building connected classrooms? Fill out the form below to talk to a fellow educator in a live demo.
Here’s what to expect:
- A customized demo tailored to what YOU want to see
- Answers to your specific questions
- A unique understanding of how Student uMap™ will benefit your students at the district, building, or classroom level
- No commitment required!